Is there a way to move the start point of a toolpath from one location to another?
The calculated toolpath placed the start point in an undesirable location. Changing this will allow greater flexibility by the programmer and result in a favorable start location.
In order to change the start position of a toolpath, the toolpath segments must all be closed and on the same Z height
- Activate the toolpath you wish to modify, in this example the start point is in the corner and undesirable.
- Go to the Toolpath Edit tab > Edit group > Move Start Points
- Choose to change a single segment or multiple.
- The selection method requires a left click to start the line and drag the tooltip across the segment or segments and a left click on the outside of the selection to move the start points wherever the line intersects.
- Once complete, Accept the changes under the Move Start Points > Finish > Accept